Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pin-Spiration Rainbow Cupcakes

Just about everyone I've chatted with or introduced to LOVES pinterest and this includes me. So many wonderful ideas and inspirations that you can keep so nice and tidy on your boards. Though for me, once I pin something I become overwhelmed with the urge to go out and complete it. Some of the pins have more of a pull than others but each idea gets stuck in my head like a post it note. For valentines day I just simply typed into the search box "valentines" and tons of wonderful ideas popped out at me. My kiddos were right by my side as I pinned their favorite ones. It was such a fun moment with my kids, which sparked our creative juices as a family.


My girls just love to sit next to me as we go "pinning" and fill their little brains with all of these neat ideas. When we have a rainy day like today, it was perfect to pull up our boards and just pick out the ones that have been calling our name. Off to the store we went and home we came with the supplies for the different "pins" that we were going to recreate!!! The one I am sharing today is the Rainbow Cupcake, perfect for this   Momma of 4 who doesn't have a passion for baking. It's quick and fun and no excessive measuring :) 


We picked out our favorite brands of Cake Mix and Frosting.


These heavy Golden foils were perfect for this rainbow cupcake. I had actually got these on clearance for .25 right after Christmas at our local Giant Eagle, I had forgotten about picking them up. So when I went searching in my cupboards for wrappers, I was pleasantly surprised! Quite perfect for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!!




I made up the cake mix in a big bowl to the exact directions on the box and then separated them into 4 separate smaller bowls.




Using food color gels, for more vibrant color, we picked out the colors that the kiddos wanted. 
Orange.




Green.





Pink.




Blue.



Then placed the color the kids picked out into the cups first. 




Followed by the colors of choice, placed randomly on top of one another.




Ready for the Oven!! Baked according to the box :)




All Baked up, the kids had a blast watching them through the window of the oven. This was definitely a "light ON" the whole time baking venture!





These Golden Foil Wrappers really got the kids excited, we waited semi-patiently for them to cool enough to be able to frost them. They were still a tad warm when the frosting went on and everything was A-Okay :)   





White Frosting with yummy crystal crunchy sprinkle accents! Perfect for our "clouds" on the top of our "rainbow" with the "pot of gold". 




Sliced on right down the middle so that you could see how neat the inside looks. You could put the different colors in more deliberately and make some very neat designs. This "damaged" cupcake was quickly spotted as soon as the hubby walked in the door and was "properly disposed of" LOL!!! The kiddos were so excited to try them that when daddy ate this sliced in half one, they were in shock! :)







This "pin" was so much fun to recreate and the smiles on my kiddos faces during the whole process are priceless. Even better though were the "happy plates" our kiddos had eating non-kiddo food(sooo tired of "kid food" as the hubby and I call it). They all raced to eat all of their delicious food and waited patiently for everyone to get done. Then enjoyed their tasty treats with HUGE smiles on their faces. Such a Blessing!

No comments: