Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Such a HooOt!

Using yarn to create adorable hats that mother's love to customize and children love to wear is one of my favorite parts of the design process. Most of the time I do not have a set plan of action when making a hat, usually it just comes from the top of my head. I try to make sure I've got a clear picture in my head of what my client wants from their hat. I then clear my head, pick up the yarn and create. Watching it all come together without a worry of how it will end up, is inspiring. Most times in my life I've found myself worrying too much about if I was on the right path or I'd second guess myself way too often. Though when I pick up that yarn and put trust in myself some of my best work comes of it. Which for me is inspiring, a blessing and just so awesome to be a part of.

Above is a picture of how an Aqua Blue Owl came together to make on of my most favorite Owls yet. The eyes came out gorgeous and required quite a bit of stitch counting to make sure they were the same size. I ran out of the brown yarn and had to put it all down to run out and get more! My Owl design is one of my most requested hats and one of my all time favorite hats to make!

The completed hat came out so sweet and adorable, these colors really made the design pop! 

No comments: