Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Set in my Heart, Inspiration

Proverbs 31

Being creative is one of the biggest gifts I've recieved from God, it's an outlet and stress reliever though I had always just shared my gift with my family. My family have encouraged this gift for as long as I can remember. Since I was a child at the age of 5 my Great Grandma Shreve began to teach me how to cross stitch, at 8 years old my Grandma Shreve showed me the basics of crocheting, when I was 14 my Mom allowed me to cover my bedroom ceiling in brightly colored fabrics. These are just a few examples that stand out of the encouragement that I recieved.

After reading through Proverbs 31 I was immediately touched, I realized that God wants us to share our gifts and provide for our families with them, which meant putting my creations out into the world. At first I was very nervous and feared that I failed so it really took some convincing on my part and trusting in God. Once I listened I was immediately blessed and continue to be blessed as I try out new business ventures or go with my heart when designing.

So this morning during my devotional it was set on my heart to hand write Proverbs 31 and here it is. So beautiful and simple, the words just flowed from my paint pen. Now it hangs in my "studio" so that I may be reminded of my gifts and my path as a woman providing for her family and listening to His word.

May God's Grace be with You.

Many Blessings,
Nicole

No comments: