Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rainbows and Sunshine!

Getting the chance to design children's hats on of my most favorite things about my job. Receiving the idea from their Momma or straight from the child, then trying to capture exactly what they've got in mind, is beyond rewarding. Thought I would share a couple designs that are fresh off my hook for two very sweet kiddos.



This first design really came off my hook so very well, I just sat down with my yarn and began crocheting. Completely worry free with how it was going to turn out, and this is what I got. It came out exactly how I thought it would in my mind and has so much character just as the little boy who will be wearing it! This design brought back sooooo many childhood memories and brings a smile to my face every time I see it!



This rainbow set is for a little girl's birthday and I was delighted to design it. The colors really worked nicely together and showcased the "rainbow" theme that the Momma was looking for. I'm typically not a scarf making kind of person but this one was actually okay, I'm thinking it is because of the color change for every row. The Cloud accents were something that came to me when the scarf was completed and I was thinking about putting a fringe detail on the ends. Well instead of fringe these adorable fluffy clouds came off my hook so very easily. Just love how this design came through and check back later for the matching flower clip and button bracelets!



Hope you enjoyed checking out my latest designs, feel free to check me out on facebook at Custom Designs by Nicole or if you have any questions please feel free to email me at customdesignsbynicole@gmail.com

With a Hook and a Prayer, crocheting with Love from Me to You.
Blessings,
Nicole

No comments: